PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND CHARTER BOAT ASSOCIATION
P.O. BOX 2850
VALDEZ, AK 99686
COMPANY NAME____________________________BUSINESS PHONE____________________
TYPE OF MEMBERSHIP REQUESTED (check one) (see Article III, Members)
REGULAR_____ ASSOCIATE_____ SUPPORTING_____
NAME OF VESSEL(s) LENGTH PASSENGER CAPACITY
IS YOUR VESSEL/BUSINESS CURRENTLY INSURED FOR ALL YOUR OPERATIONAL AREAS? __________
DOES YOUR VESSEL HAVE MARINE RADAR? __________
ARE YOU CURRENTLY A MEMBER OF PWSCBA? ________
IN THE FUTURE, WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO SERVE AS AN OFFICER OF THE ASSOCIATION?________ ON A
HOW LONG HAVE YOU CONDUCTED CHARTERS FROM VALDEZ? ____________________
IS THERE ANY PARTICULAR DIRECTION WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE ASSOCIATION TAKE DURING THE
Per ARTICLE III, Section 6 of the Prince William Sound Charter Boat Association Articles, I hereby agree to abide by
the Articles of Association, and the By-Laws as presently or hereafter adopted by the membership.
APPLICANT SIGNATURE DATE
MEMBERSHIP FEE--REGULAR AND ASSOCIATE MEMBERS (voting)--$100.00
SUPPORTING MEMBER (non-voting)--$50.00
Please forward this completed application along with a check for the membership fee to the above address. See
ARTICLE III, Sections 6 & 7 for additional requirements.
WELCOME TO PWSCBA!!!
(Rev 29 Nov 2006)
PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND CHARTER BOAT ASSOCIATION
SAFETY REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST
UNINSPECTED CHARTER VESSELS
1. Coast Guard Certificate of Registration or Coast Guard Documentation on board.
All vessels must be properly identified.
A. Documented vessels must have vessel name on stern and each side of bow with vessel hailing port on stern.
Vessel identification number must be permanently marked on interior structural part of hull in 4-inch high
numbers. A certificate of documentation with a current expiration date must be on board the vessel.
B. All vessels having a Coast Guard Certificate of Registration must have their state
number clearly & permanently marked on each bow in block letters not less than 3 inches in
height. The state numbering certificate must be on board the vessel.
2. Operator must have a current Coast Guard license (OUPV or Master) in his/her possession.
3. All vessels equipped with a VHF marine radio must have a valid FCC Ship Station License on board.
All vessels over 26 ft. are required to have a VHF marine radio by law.
4. All vessels taking sport caught halibut must have an International Pacific Halibut Commission sport
halibut license on board.
5. All vessels sport fishing for hire will display the Alaska Commercial Vessel License decal and have the
license on board.
6. All vessels transporting big game hunters and game animals will display the Alaska Transporter Decal
and have the license on board.
7. All sport charter companies must have an Alaska Sport Fish Guide Registration in their possession
while sport fishing for hire.
8. Alaska State business license.
9. Valdez City business license.
10. All employees that have duties related to the safe operation of the vessel must be enrolled in a
random drug-testing program in which at least 50% of the crewmembers are tested on an annual basis.
Results are not required to be kept on board but must be on file and available upon request by the Coast
Guard or other law enforcement personnel.
11. All licensed Captains must maintain an up to date CPR and First Aid Certification card and must
have it available upon request.
REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT
1. Copy of Navigation Rules International-Inland.
2. A posted emergency checklist and a safety meeting must be held before each charter.
3. All vessels that operate in the hours of darkness or in low visibility will have operational navigation lights as
specified in Part C of the Navigation Rules for their vessel’s size & configuration.
4. One all-around white anchor light.
5. All vessels must have (a) sound producing device(s) as specified in Part D, Rule 33 of the Navigation
6. All gasoline powered vessels must have one intake and one exhaust duct for each engine
7. All gasoline powered vessels must have one USCG approved backfire flame arrestor or engine air & fuel
induction system for each gas engine.
8. One Type I, USCG Approved life preserver of suitable size for each person aboard. Life preservers must
be readily accessible and each must have 31 sq. inches of retroflective material on each side. Personal flotation
lights are required with PFD’s on vessels which operate in exposed waters.
9. Vessels under 26 ft. must have throwable lifesaving equipment immediately accessible. Vessels 26 ft.
and larger must have a throwable life ring with attached line on board.
10. Three USCG Approved daylight visual distress signals and three approved night distress signals. Signals
can be in any combination as long as they meet minimum requirements and expiration dates are current.
11. Vessels less than 26 ft. must have at least one USCG Approved Type B-I fire extinguisher.
Vessels 26 ft. to 40 ft. must have at least two B-I or one B-II fire extinguishers.
Vessels larger than 40 ft. must have three B-1 or one B-1 and one B-II fire extinguishers.
12. Oil pollution card on vessels 26 ft. and larger, posted in machinery space area or at bilge pump station.
13. Marpol Vessel Placard posted on vessels 26 ft. and larger.
14. All heating and cooking devices must be USCG Approved. Those that use the following types of fuel
may be used as long as they meet the qualifications as described in subchapter C: (1) Alcohol, solid. (2) Alcohol,
liquid. (3) Fuel oil, No.1, No. 2, or No. 3. (4) Kerosene. (5) Wood. (6) Coal.
COAST GUARD AUXILIARY REQUIREMENTS
1. First aid kit.
2. Charts of local area.
3. Anchor and line of suitable size and length for locality.
4. Manual dewatering device.
5. All batteries, portable fuel tanks, and fuel tanks used for cooking and heating must be properly secured.
6. All electrical devices must be on fuses or circuit breakers.
7. Navigation compass.
ADDITIONAL PWSCBA REQUIREMENTS
1. Operational marine radar.
2. Proof of insurance for all operational areas.
3. All vessels must be equipped with an operational VHF marine radio.
4. All other applicable licenses.
I HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I HAVE COMPLIED WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED REQUIREMENTS AND
SHALL HOLD HARMLESS THE PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND CHARTER BOAT ASSOCIATION FOR ANY NON-
COMPLIANCE ON THE PART OF MY VESSEL, CREW OR BUSINESS.
Phone: Home:_____________________________ Cell:______________________________
Email:___________________________________ Vessel Name:________________________
Mail Checklist to PWSCBA Secretary or Treasurer upon Completion. Address to be provided.